Sunday, March 9, 2008

Parrish Relics

I cannot wait a single day longer to feature the business owned and run by the lovely and uber-talented Jen Parrish. An advanced warning...once you buy your first Parrish Relic, you will be addicted...it's just a given. Jen's jewelry is all one-of-a-kind, made by hand with attention paid to every detail. She features stained glass designs, pictorial designs (many of which feature Pre-Raphaelite art), and vessels. Catalog items include necklaces, crowns, earrings, bracelets, and more.

Jen's designs have been featured on numerous television shows and movies, the highest profile of which is perhaps the "B" Anne Boleyn necklace worn by Betty Suarez in nearly every episode of Ugly Betty.

For a lovely set of pictures of items that have been custom-made and sold in the past, visit her Thorn Sold Items page.

I personally own two Relics, (the image at the top is me in my necklace featuring Waterhouse's The Siren) and have asked Jen to make me a third in celebration of my upcoming wedding, featuring a stained glass image by Burne-Jones. I've basically hinted to everyone I know that Relics make great gifts. As I said...once you've actually seen and tried on one of Jen's masterpieces, you will undoubtedly be hooked!

A couple of my favorite recent examples of her work:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, for featuring Jen's marvelous work here! (And I love the pieces you've chosen--very suitable to your blog! ;))

And that photo of you is dreamy...very romantic...

Grace said...

Thanks! :)

I mean it when I say her stuff is addictive.

Anonymous said...

I believe it! In fact, my friend Maura, says the same thing...and I have the proof of it--she bought herself several of her pretties, the last time she visited me, this last Christmas! :D

(Did I tell you that? That Maura had told me about Parrish Relics this last Christmas--and had even given me a postcard, swearing I'd love her stuff? I *thought* it looked familiar, when you sent me her site--just from what Maura'd bought...and from the postcard she'd give me! :D)

Grace said...

HA! Great minds, and all. Maura has impeccable taste...in friends and jewelry! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been collecting for over 10 years now and Jen's gorgeous creations never fail to lift my spirits and inspire a smile. No matter where I go - from castle medieval faire to my local garden center - I always receive admiring comments on them.

Grace said...

Jen should give you some extra business cards to hand out when you're around town wearing her stuff :)