Sunday, November 30, 2008

So excited I could burst...Lady of Shalott film


Thanks to Stephanie Pina for directing my attention to this incredibly exciting new project!

WAG Screen, a group devoted to film and historic reenactment both, are producing a film based on Tennyson's Lady of Shalott. And most definitively also based on the famous Waterhouse artwork.

I am incredibly impressed by the amount of accuracy to the painting they have created! Look for yourself:







The original Waterhouse image, for anyone who has forgotten (but who could??)

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow! It looks just like it.

Robin said...

I'm so excited! This looks absolutely beautiful. And more successful thank Anne of Green Gables attempt hee hee!

Grace said...

Ro and Meredith, I hope to find out some more information for us! Namely, how anyone here in the states will be able to view it.

Christina said...

Oh!! This looks so exciting!! The most beautiful poem, set withe most beautiful scenery! I am so happy to have come across it and so happy to have across your lovely blog! Thank you!

Hilliard & Croft

Margaret said...

That is so so so amazing! (For a second I thought the actress was you!). It looks just beautiful.

Grace said...

Margaret, you win the "I love you" award for today for thinking it might be me ;)

And Christina, thank you and welcome!!!

Anonymous said...

you do look a lot like the actress, too bad my comment is so belated I cannot get an award :P

Grace said...

(Hands Eskarina a certificate that reads "Eskarina hereby wins the "Made Grace's Day" award)