Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Salon Romantique

Recently, I noticed a few of my friends on Facebook joining a group with an intriguing name. This morning, one of the two co-founders of the group sent me a friend request, and I was able to talk to him a little more about the group.

I speak of The Salon Romantique, a group with the manifesto to...

  • Redefine art today with an apropos of logic
  • Create a new cultural movement in fine art.
  • Challenge the rethinking of the romantic period in a cyber realm of thought.
  • Bring artists together in a harmonious measure enwtined with a new spirituality of grace and form, music and light.

Or, as Francis Willey summarizes, "I am trying to bring back a new romanticism in art-create culture and grace in a cgi realm."

I'm quite enthusiastic not only about the quality of the work presented, but the concept of a new group of artists rebelling against the status quo, as we all know the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood did. The quality in the group is outstanding, featuring gorgeous art.

The group was co-founded by Francis A Willey and Mark Sink. Some of Francis' beautiful photographic work is seen below.

Host of Empyrean


Ode



A Sigh From Rosebud

The below photograph by Mark Sink still blows me away. I know it isn't a period photo, but part of me still cannot believe it.


2 comments:

Von said...

It would be enough to make anyone reactivate their Facebook account! beautiful!

Jen Parrish said...

glad you joined also! I am such a fan of the work of these ethereal and striking photographers.