Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bleak Old Shop of Stuff


Thanks to Verity for giving me the heads-up on a new BBC comedy series called "The Bleak Old Shop of Stuff"...a play on BBC historical pieces, with a rather Monty Python-esque bent.

But the second episode she pointed out has the best moment of the series so far. Watch the video for details, but "Pre-Raphaelite pervert" is my new favorite phrase.

Episode 2 is below, but might I recommend you start with episode 1?



Also, I really want a Mechanical French Hater. Just sayin.

3 comments:

Verity said...

Ha! I'm so glad you love it as much as I do. It captures my fraught relationship with Mister Dickens beautifully. And gin. Gin, too.

http://verityholloway.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Okay, I wanted to see this anyway, but now I really need to! Tahnks for the heads-up!

Grace said...

Gin, good old gin. :D

Valerie, it's pretty goofy, but pretty brilliant too :)